Thursday, September 24, 2015

Introducing...

Two months ago we welcomed our sweet little babies to the world.  It has taken me two months to write this post because every minute of my day and night has been spent caring for them.  Also, my brain is mush. Sleeping for one hour at a time does not make for a nimble mind. In the beginning if I had a free minute I would try to decide whether to eat or sleep...knowing I could not do both before one or two babies woke up.

Now the babies are sleeping for 3-4 hour stretches and I can see the light.  After sleeping for four hours I feel like I could pen a classic American novel or run a marathon...or take a long afternoon nap. The latter usually takes precedence. Today I will feel satisfied introducing our precious children to you.  

Simon Max Hall 
Clara June Hall
Simon

Simon is a mellow baby.  He loves to eat and sleep and is generally happy. He was 6 lbs 1 oz when he was born and at 2 months he weighs 9 lbs. 9 oz. His weight is the 4th percentile and his head is the 75th percentile (I've been told this is a Hall trait).  He is a quiet observer and often looks on seriously as his sister screams her head off.

All of his dark hair fell out except for a ring around the back from ear to ear.  He looks like he has male pattern baldness.  But he is growing blond hair on top and I think his eyes will be blue.

Clara

Clara is sassy and curious. From the moment she was born she was wide-eyed and loud.  She will let you know when she is not happy with a cry that escalates from coughs and sputters to ear piercing shrieks.  But once she is fed and rested she is sweet and funny. Sometimes at night she looks around our room like she sees something that I don't and she smiles.

She was 5 lbs. 8 oz when she was born and is 8 lbs. 9 oz. now.  She has held some of her long dark hairs...they hang out in the back and come forward almost like a bad comb over. Her hair is coming in dark and fuzzy and her eyes look like they will be blue.

Both of these babies love to cuddle. They love to be held by anyone and would spend their whole lives in your arms.  Some people say it spoils a baby to hold them while they sleep.  But really it spoils me.  If I could live without sleep, and if my arms were strong enough, I would hold them all of the time.  Their cuddles are like a healing balm for my worried soul.  I cherish that they are here with me today.  I want to hold them and love them while I can.


Children are the bridge to heaven. - Persian Saying

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've been following your story since Jonah passed. I know that these two will never fill their brother's spot, but it's so good to hear that your arms are full again. Wishing you many full, happy days and some good naps too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thrilled, beyond words, for your entire family! I knew this day would come. You,are such a sweet daughter if God. Love the Snow's

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are thrilled, beyond words, for your entire family! I knew this day would come. You,are such a sweet daughter if God. Love the Snow's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe she is seeing Jonah in the room and he's making her laugh, and she's just happy to have her big brother hanging out with her! Can't tell you how happy I am for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is good. (Kathy's sister} Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just made my day. Beautiful babies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful. I am so happy to hear your wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete